Monday 12 November 2012

Paris Stories: Le Marais


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 















 
 
 



"To say the word Romanticism is to say modern art - that is, intimacy, spirituality, colour, aspiration towards the infinite, expressed by every means available to the arts."
Charles Baudelaire, who lived in Le Marais in the 19th century.
quote via 1



 
  









 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



The Outfit
Red Dress: Ebay, originally from Sainsburys
Red Cloche: Village Hats (still for sale at www.hatsandcaps.co.uk)
Black Boots: very old from Aldo
Gold Poesie Necklace: 10th anniversary gift from Mr Eve this summer
 
 The Soundtrack
Air: Moon Safari


Photographs taken by myself and Mr Eve, using my cheap and basic Kodac EasyShare digital camera.

 
Many more photographs to come in the following posts, both of Paris and my clothes. We had a magical trip, revisiting old haunts of mine (I lived there at the age of 21), and discovering many lovely new ones too. I'm looking forward to catching up with your blogs this week, thanks so much for your kind comments on my last post, I will reply when I can in the next few days.
 
I've just managed to be a part of Visible Monday, posting this at the 11th hour! Visible Monday is hosted by the lovely Patti from www.notdeadyetstyle.blogspot.co.uk, click on the website link to see her outfit and those of many others. 


 

20 comments:

  1. Hello Emalina. It is my first visit here via Not Dead Yet Style. Such an enchanting mix of photography, style, and prose. I look forward to following.

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you've visited Sue, hello it's great to have you here! I can see we've both started blogs at around the same time, yours is looking lovely and full of autumnal colour. Look forward to keeping in touch and watching our blogs develop :)

      Delete
  2. Love your style!! Followed you and look forward to reading more!

    xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Lynn, I love your style too! Looks like we've both gone Cloche crazy, great minds think alike eh!

      Delete
  3. It's been ages since I was last in Paris (discounting long haul airport stopovers) and I'm dying to go back after seeing your gorgeous pictures. That red dress stands out a mile despite all the eye candy behind it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh that's really saying something, thanks Vix! Paris is such a beautiful city isn't it, I've come back feeling wonderfully refreshed reinvigorated even though we only spent a short time there. I'm loving the succession of gorgeous dresses you've been wearing in your last posts, particularly that Lady Monaco catsuit, wowzers!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, that's so lovely! I've never been but I'd love to, and to Venice...before it sinks :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must go :) Both Paris and Venice are incredible, full of beautiful architecture and creativity. Paris will always have a special place in my heart, I have such fond memories of my time living there.

      Delete
  5. really love that red dress! And I definitely would love travelling to venice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I chose it because it was glam but practical and easy to wear, which was just what I needed as we were walking day and night all around Paris - high heels would not have cut it!
      Venice is incredible, particularly out of season when the tourists have gone home!

      Delete
  6. Ooh wow what a lady! :) I want to visit Paris someday..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must, it's a magical place. Plus they have some great Irish bars in the Latin Quarter :)

      Delete
  7. You have a very beautiful blog. I love the red dress and hat and your gorgeous photography. So happy to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to have found you too! Thanks so much for your kind words about my blog. Looking forward to keeping in touch.

      Delete
  8. So much Eye Candy I'm overdosed... Blissfully so!!!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh i love Paris i have been there for more than 10 times and can't get enough of this wonderful city. I'm always crying when i'm on my way back home. These are wonderful pictures dear, i can't wait to see more ! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Paris the loveliest place? I'm really pleased you're enjoying the piccies :)

      Delete
  10. wow lady in red, how stunning you look! and seeing the mystical charm and beauty of paris on your blog makes me wanna go there soon!
    love and kiss,mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh thanks Mary Lou! Yes you must go sometime, Paris is calling!

      Delete

Please leave a message, I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...